Detectify is a great solution if you want to find vulnerabilities in your web applications. But if you’re looking for a security scanner that can check for weaknesses across your entire IT infrastructure, Intruder is likely to be a better choice!
Here’s why customers choose Intruder as their vulnerability scanner:
Intruder uses an industry leading scanning engine that’s trusted by banks and governments all over the world. With over 9,000 checks available for historic vulnerabilities, and new ones being added on a regular basis, you can be confident that even though it’s very simple to use, Intruder provides market-leading security scans.
Intruder's focus is always on saving you time. That's why we run proactive scans for the latest discovered threats, and interpret the results from commercial scanning engines, in order to give you a prioritised list of actionable issues.
All Intruder's issues are clearly explained, making it usable and accessible for non-security experts.
While Detectify focuses on web applications, Intruder scans for weaknesses your most exposed systems, including network infrastructure and the cloud, covering a wide range of vulnerabilities which could be exploited by an attacker. Some of the security checks that we perform include:Common mistakes & configuration weaknesses
Even the most secure software can often be configured in an insecure way. Simple mistakes such as leaving default passwords, not enabling encryption or other security settings.
Intruder has thousands of checks for these kinds of mistakes, making sure all your business sensitive systems are hardened as much as they need to be.
Patch management is a fundamental part of keeping your digital estate secure, as missing patches can quickly be detected and exploited by attackers.
Intruder’s security scans can detect insecure versions of many thousands of software components and frameworks, from web servers to operating systems and network devices.
Website security flaws
Website vulnerabilities have been known about for decades, but still account for a large proportion of breaches.
The types of weaknesses that Intruder checks for include SQL Injection
, Cross-Site Scripting
, XML Injection
, and many others which attackers can use to gain access to your systems and information, or to modify or cause damage.
It is common to find that services which are capable of secure encryption, have either not been configured, or mistakenly configured to be less secure.
Intruder has checks for all the latest known encryption weaknesses, some of which include: Heartbleed
, SSL/TLS weaknesses, and VPN encryption weaknesses.
As a SaaS product, Intruder’s vulnerability scanner works seamlessly with your technical environment. There’s no need for lengthy installations or complex configuration, and comes with a range of integrations to make vulnerability management a breeze:
• Cloud integrations: Automatically manage your AWS, Azure and Google Cloud targets with ease, from within the Intruder platform.
• Slack: Keep an eye on your security exposure in real-time with Intruder’s Slack integration.
• Jira: Send security issues to Jira, for easy tracking of your security issues.
• Microsoft Teams: Get notified about important events in the Intruder platform, such as when a scan completes or when we check you for the latest emerging threats.
• Zapier: Extend Intruder to 2,000+ other apps and move your info between web services automatically.
• REST API: Full automation of your vulnerability management process is possible with Intruder’s REST API, so you can integrate Intruder with your development and deployment cycles seamlessly.